A break down of the application process for rental properties and tips on how to be a stand out candidate for a successful outcome…
Applying for rental properties can be a tedious process and after applying for so many, can sometimes seem dire. We have come up with a step-by-step system to simplify and break down the application process and also provide you with some tips for a successful outcome.
1. Firstly to apply for a house, you must inspect it so that you are certain you want to apply for it and are happy with its condition.
2. Upon inspection, an application form needs to be filled in, either a hard copy received from the property manager conducting the inspection, or online through OneForm.
3. Along with your application, you are required to provide 100 points relevant to our check system. These include items such as photographic identification (eg. drivers license or passport), Medicare card, recent payslips, a cover letter, and other supporting documentation.
4. The turnaround time after handing in an application is approximately 1-2 business days to conduct the required reference checks.
5. Once the reference checks are complete, your application can be passed on to the landlord, where they will make the final decision about whether your application is successful.
6. Successful applicants will receive a call from us to let you know that your application has been approved, and unsuccessful applicants will also be notified to ensure they can continue looking for their new home.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION:
• Have everything relevant to your application ready to go – including duplicates just in case! It doesn’t leave a good impression if you hand in your application without your supporting documentation. We try to be as accommodating as we can however if your application is separated into 3 or 4 different avenues, it makes the property manager’s job a lot harder.
• The quicker you put your application in, the better! Don’t procrastinate in handing in your application because if you take too long, you might miss out and we may not have a similar property on the market at the time.
• For any questions or queries, contact the office that is managing the house you are applying for. We’re here to help and don’t want you feeling like you have to figure everything out on your own!
For more information on the application process and tips for a successful application, head over to our YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJQlL1PmG9c