Your home may be the biggest single investment you make in your life so understandably you want to get it right.
We have made a list just for you with our top tips to finding the perfect home.
Here they are:
1.Define – everyone has differing desires and needs, hopes and dreams for their new home. Make a start by defining your home-buying parameters and writing them down. Include the must-haves, the nice-to-haves as well as things that don’t really matter.
2. Budget – speak with your bank, coordinate your finances and create a realistic budget for yourself. This will enable you to narrow down the number of houses to look at.
3. Size – jot down the size of the house you need for your current circumstances and consider what will happen if those circumstances change. From there you can determine the minimum number of bedrooms/bathrooms/outdoor living space you require.
4. Renovate? – are you looking for a completely finished home or a renovator’s delight? If the latter ensure you have enough buffer in your budget to account for those inevitable hidden costs.
5. Love at first sight – you don’t necessarily have to fall in love at first sight. The key is to be able to unlock a homes true potential by being able to scratch under the surface. It is amazing how light fittings, paint or flooring can transform a house into your dream home!
6. Location, location, location – check the surrounds of the home at different times of the day. Look at schools, amenities and your work commute. Does this property fit in to your lifestyle? And will it fit into someone else’s lifestyle if you come to sell?
7. Neighbours – everybody needs good neighbours! Don’t underestimate the importance of a good neighbourhood. You could even knock on the doors of a few of the closest neighbours to chat about the area.
8. Inspection – this is a no-brainer. A few hundred dollars could potentially save you thousands if there is something not right with the property and what’s more will give you an understanding of the true value of the home.
9. Picture perfect – try and take a step back and visualise yourself living in this home. Will your furniture work in the space, is there enough storage? Can you see yourself hanging out here with friends and family?
10.‘Gut’spectations – do you get that special feeling when you enter the home? Does your gut tell you this is it? Can you not think about anything else apart from owning this house? If that’s the case, welcome home!
Finding the dream home doesn’t have to be stressful or daunting. Contact us today to make an appointment and take one step closer towards finding your perfect property.