If you’re still yet to make a decision about selling, ask your prospective agents these questions and compare
Deciding if selling is the right thing for you and then choosing your agent can be a daunting and overwhelming process. We’ve come up with some questions for you to consider and ask the agents at the appraisal of your home. You should have an idea of what you expect for each question which will allow you to choose the most fitting agent based on their answer.
1. How much will it cost us to sell with you?
Think about costs such as marketing and commission
2.Is now the right time to sell?
Get their honest opinion and ask for insight into what the latest market trend has been
3. Which is better for our home – auction or private sale?
Explore the advantages and disadvantages of both
4. Is it worth giving our home an upgrade/renovation?
Discuss overall costs and how it might influence the final offer
5. What is the best way to advertise?
Think about who your target audience is (ie. Social media or newspaper marketing)
6. What do you think our property is worth and why?
It’s good to get a ball park figure from a professional
7. How long will it approximately take to sell?
See if this works with your current lifestyle and expectations
8. How long has it taken for you to sell your recent properties?
If the recent properties are similar to yours, this is usually a good indicator
9. How long have you been working in this area?
Establish their experience level
10. What will you do to introduce buyers to our property?
Compare different strategies
11. Why should we hire you?
Before they sell your property, get the agent to sell themselves to you